Important: The information provided below is a summary of the Subaru new vehicle warranty that comes with all new Subaru vehicles imported into Australia by Subaru (Aust) Pty Ltd. For full terms and conditions refer to the Warranty and Service handbook that comes with all new Subaru vehicles.
Your Subaru Warranty – 3 years, unlimited kilometres
- Your Subaru new vehicle warranty commences on the date of either the first supply, delivery or registration of the vehicle, whichever comes first.
- Replacement parts fitted by an authorised Subaru Retailer free of charge during the warranty period are warranted for the remainder of that period.
- Genuine parts and accessories purchased by you that are fitted by an authorised Subaru Retailer are warranted for 3 years if fitted at time of purchase of the vehicle, and otherwise for 2 years. Genuine parts purchased in all other circumstances are warranted for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Subaru Australia does not warrant parts or accessories fitted to your vehicle that are not Subaru Genuine Parts as supplied by Subaru Australia.
- Subject to the terms set out below, Subaru Australia warrants that if any part of the vehicle is found to be defective in factory materials or workmanship within the stated warranty period, it will be repaired, replaced or adjusted by any authorised Subaru retailer free of charge to the customer.
Subaru New Vehicle Warranty does not cover Subaru vehicles acquired at auction or imported into Australia other than by Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited. There are some exceptions given to government vehicles.
What isn’t covered by your warranty?
Repairs, replacements and adjustments under the Subaru new vehicle warranty are not available for the following:
- Ordinary wear and tear.
- Wear and tear caused by use of the vehicle for a purpose, or under road or climatic conditions other than for which it was designed, including racing, rallying, speed trials, hill climbing or similar activities and competitive events.
- Driver negligence, misuse or abuse - e.g. tampering, disconnection, loading or towing beyond the manufacturer's specifications, or continuing to drive the vehicle after loss of fluids, lubricants, oils, coolants, refrigerants or water.
- Accidents, impacts, fire, theft, illegal use or malicious damage by a third person.
- Modifications or alterations, which have not been approved by the manufacturer, or the installation or use of non-genuine parts, accessories equipment, assemblies or components.
- A failure to have the vehicle serviced in strict accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and recommendations, or a failure to have the vehicle repaired promptly in accordance with such recommendations following an accident or other damage, or after a defect becomes known or is suspected.
- Use of non-recommended, inappropriate or dirty fuel, oil, fluids, lubricants, coolants, refrigerants or water.
- Any work carried out on the vehicle by a person other than an authorised Subaru service outlet.
- A failure to maintain the vehicle, including its body trim and paintwork, in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, or the use of unsuitable agents.
- Environmental conditions including acid rain, industrial fall-out, salt, sand, stones, tree sap, bark or leaves, bird, animal or insect droppings or other damage, windstorm, hail, flood, lightening, or other acts of God.
The Subaru new vehicle warranty applies in addition to the guarantees, rights and remedies conferred by the Australian Consumer Law and other applicable Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation. The Subaru New Vehicle Warranty does not exclude, affect or limit those guarantees, rights or remedies, except to the extent that their application may lawfully be excluded or limited.
In particular, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Subaru vehicles are certified to all relevant Australian Design Rules (ADR) in force at the time of certification. It is illegal to fit a replacement part or accessory, which does not allow the vehicle to continue to comply with the requirements of the Australian Design Rules.
In servicing the vehicle, the use of genuine and approved parts and accessories will help ensure that the original vehicle specification and quality is maintained and that the vehicle continues to comply with certification requirements and government regulations relating to vehicle safety and environmental controls.
Genuine Accessories, Genuine Warranty
All Subaru Genuine Accessories come with a manufacturer's warranty:
- When you have them fitted at the time you purchase your new vehicle (or at your first scheduled service by your Subaru Retailer) you get a three-year/unlimited-kilometre warranty.
- When you purchase accessories and have them fitted by your Subaru Retailer any other time you get a two-year/unlimited-kilometre warranty.
- When you purchase accessories from your Subaru Retailer at any other time, you get 12-month/unlimited kilometre warranty